The entry has been glowing for the new album of Blake and Mortimer, The Last Pharaoh , last week. This album hors-série, which puts in scene the famous hero “so british”, imagined in 1946 by Edgar P. Jacobs, is still at the top of the rankings for the second week in a row.
This new adventure magazine and magnified by the artist of Cited the obscure , François Schuiten, is not like the other. Intimidated by the brilliant work of Jacobs, the Belgian has been appointed to the help of the three stooges, the filmmaker Jaco Van Dormael, the novelist Thomas Gunzig and the poster artist Laurent Durieux.
” READ ALSO – François Schuiten: “Stop BD? You should never say never!”
The story begins shortly after the revival of Blake and Mortimer, strangely amnesic, at the end of a diptych called The Mystery of the Great Pyramid (1954). And if the loss of memory of Mortimer could be at the origin of a new cataclysm? The Last Pharaoh keeps up with the fantastic and science-fiction, of which Jacobs was fond. The adventure takes root in Brussels, at the heart of this strange palace of justice designed by architect Joseph Poelaert. Another new addition, the heroes have aged.
Released on may 16, the fourth part of Books of Esther, story of my 13 years , signed Riad Sattouf, right in step with him. The series, initiated in 2015, is written based on the true stories told each week to the author of The Arab of the future by a real schoolgirl, Esther A. The project of Riad Sattouf is to follow the life of Esther, up to 18 years of age, at the rate of one album per year. In this fourth book, Esther is in the fifth. She talks about her secret boyfriend, the group XXXTentacion, the drugs, the end of the birthday celebrations… the torments daily to a teenager of today, in sum.
another little girl in the well-tempered character and remains in the top three, three weeks after its release. Jurassic Grandma , the sixteenth volume of the series Mortal Adele , relegated from the second to the third place continues to enchant the young. In this new section, the little girl is guarded by her great-grandmother to let his parents breathing. Vegetables at all meals, remedies of a different time… The cohabitation is not going to be any rest.
the Best sales of the 03 to 09 June, 2019 (exclusive leaderboard GFK/Livres Hebdo):
1) The Last Pharaoh , an adventure of Blake and Mortimer , François Schuiten, Jaco Van Dormael, Thomas Gunzig and Laurent Durieux, Editions Blake and Mortimer.
2) The Books of Esther, book 4, Stories of my 13 years , Riad Sattouf, Allary editions
3) Mortelle Adèle, tome 16, Jurassic Grandma , Diane Le Feyer, Mr Tran and Mercy Fir, éditions Bayard Jeunesse, collection Globulle.
4) Back on Aldebaran, volume and episode 2 , Leo, editions Dargaud.
5) Lefranc tome 30, red Moon , Jacques Martin and Christophe Alves, editions Casterman.
6) Les Bidochon tome 22, Bidochon restarting their couple , Binet, editions Dargaud
7) Bug, volume 2 , Enki Bilal editions Casterman
8) The Wolf , Jean-Marc Rochette, editions Casterman
9) The adventures of Buck Danny “classic”, volume 6, red Alert , Arroyo, Marniquet and Zumbiehl, editions Dupuis.
10) The adventures of Laink & Terracid volume 2, Wankil Studio, Michel Lafon.