The studios Warner provide Aquaman her first feature length film in solo (visible in dark rooms French since 19 December) after a particular appearance in Justice League (2017). To this day, it has been reported 482,8 million dollars in the world. The character played by Jason Momoa (the lord Dothraki Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones ), with Amber Heard and Willem Dafoe, has generated 67.4 million between Friday and Sunday in the United States and Canada.
Aquaman [VF] [trailer] – Watch on Figaro Live
It is three times more than The return of Mary Poppins (released in France on the same day that Aquaman ), who received 22.2 million for its first weekend of operation. The famous nanny is interpreted by the british actress Emily Blunt, who plays alongside Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ben Whishaw. This sequel to the film that had won an Oscar for Julie Andrews in 1965 returns to the characters of Michael and Jane Banks. The children who had been cared for by Mary Poppins have become adults.
The return of Mary Poppins [VOST] [trailer] – Watch on Figaro Live
” READ ALSO – Aquaman, a “Star Wars underwater”, at the depths of the ridiculous
the third step of The podium is also a novelty: Bumblebee , that stars this autobot from adventures in Transformers . He has harvested 21 million for its first weekend. The result: the number one at the box office last week, Spider-Man: New Generation , bring him down to the fourth position. The new man – spider played by Miles Morales has generated $ 16.7 million. Since its release, it has been reported to 64.8 million.
It comes ahead of new The Mule , directed by Clint Eastwood, which is also in front of the camera. This film, which tells the story of a former soldier transporting drugs for a cartel of mexico, has earned $ 9.3 million in three days, and $ 35 million in two weeks.
Here is the rest of the “Top 10”:
6) The Grinch : $ 8.2 million (253,2 million in seven weeks).
7) Second chance : 6.5 million. Released Friday, the film by Peter Segal brings together Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini and Vanessa Hudgens.
8) Ralph 2.0 : 4.6 million (162,1 million in five weeks).
9) Welcome to Marwen : 2.4 million. Yet another release of the week, this movie from Robert Zemeckis with Steve Carell and Leslie Mann looks back on the real history of a man a victim of amnesia who built the replica of a belgian village.
10) Mary Stuart, Queen of Scotland : 2.24 million (3,5 million in three weeks).