The second edition of the festival industry and Cinema, organized by the Office national des forêts (ONF) will take place from 28 June to 20 July in the île-de-France, in Normandy and in the Hauts-de-France.
This original event offers open-air screenings in various state forests (Fontainebleau, france, Sénart, Bord-Louviers,…) but also in some movie theatres. In total twenty-seven cult films are (re)view on the topic of the world’s forests. Many personalities from the seventh art and the world of forestry, passionate about the subject at the heart of the ecological concern, such as Juliette Binoche and Jacques Perrin are associated spontaneously with the spirit of this festival.
“READ ALSO – Legends of the forest ancient
” READ ALSO – IN the shadow of the trees, Hayao Miyazaki and Juliette Binoche establish a dialogue unheard of
The scenery scots have since the birth of the cinema served as a setting for the best directors. Jean Renoir, during the silent era in 1925, imagined in his first film, the Girl on The water , a melodrama, shot in the forest of Fontainebleau.
Le Figaro begins his anthology movies of the forest with this historical work, where one will also find The Seasons of Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud, Jeremiah Johnson by Sydney Pollack, The Lost City of Z of James Gray and finally the excellent documentary In the woods of Mindaugas Survila.
Find here the whole program of the festival industry and cine
● The Seasons of Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud, in 2016, a documentary on the history of the european forest
● the Girl on The water , the first film directed by Jean Renoir and set in the forest of Fontainebleau, in 1925, with Catherine Hessling, Pierre Philippe…
● Jeremiah Johnson by Sydney Pollack, in 1971, with Robert Redford, Will Geer, Stefan Gierasch…
● The Lost City of Z de James Gray , in 2016, adaptation of the story The lost City of Z of David Grann, which evokes the adventures of explorer Percy Fawcett in the amazon forest, with Charles Hunmam, Robert Pattinson…
● In the woods , documentary Lithuanian Mindaugas Survila