To succeed one shall be efficient. This is how it works in any kind of business. Time tracking instruments serve to make a project as productive as possible. Thus, it’s pretty understandable why entrepreneurs decide to apply for specific online resources.
To figure out how time management and productivity platforms can support your project growth, initially, you need to have a clear understanding of what those services are, so we shall start with that.
Productivity programs. What are they?
Intrinsically, the phenomenon of time management refers to the process when the available hours are allocated and wisely distributed to accomplish a specific mission and reach a target. The tool could be successfully applied for both personal and professional reasons.
Years back we could only rely on paper planners to run different operations, and today the era of new technologies offers us convenient digital solutions to assist with producing excellent results. Those time-management frameworks serve to prioritize various activities and improve our effectiveness.
Who could take advantage of online productivity resources?
It’s pretty clear that those systems can be of great benefit to entrepreneurs of diverse businesses. All individuals who seek tools to properly distribute their time can enjoy productivity software to enhance the efficiency of their activity.
Here’s the list of organizations that will be especially pleased to use such time tracking applications:
- big corporations;
- small-scale enterprises;
- various startups;
- public projects;
- state organizations;
- projects teams;
In general, the target demographics could be presented in the following two groups.
# Corporate productivity platforms
Undoubtedly, the given online services are truly valuable for companies of any size. Moreover, each business could also create an app for marketing and promotion to build upon its achievements. Staff members being unable to manage the time sensibly reduce the performance of the entire corporation, including sales volumes. That’s the fact. Thus, time management programs help to prevent such negative effects.
What online time trackers do for entrepreneurs:
- provide a chance to handle the workflow in a single space;
- ensure synchronization of data between all gadgets applied;
- offer sophisticated functionalities;
- help with assigning tasks to personnel and tracking the progress;
- allow enjoying its features on all gadgets used;
- provide the possibility for a few individuals to manage the same collaborative project;
- grant advanced notifications;
- ensure high-level security.
Such frameworks are built to assist business owners to monitor employees’ productivity stressfree, effectively, and safely, being able to track the performance of each team member. That’s pretty convenient, don’t you agree?
# Personal time tracking solutions
Productivity and time management applications could be of great use for individual online visitors as well. Freelancers and self-employed specialists can also enjoy online resources in question to achieve greater effectiveness in their activities and obtain maximum results of their daily operations.
What online time trackers do for regular users:
- provide a chance to easily add tasks;
- offer the option to specify deadlines when tasks must be completed;
- ensure the possibility to manage existing tasks;
- allow prioritize tasks;
- grant advanced notifications;
- help visualize individual productivity;
- provide the possibility to check completed tasks.
To make sure time management software helps your business succeed, it must provide specific features. Let’s quickly look through the main aspects here.
Functionalities of time tracking systems
We’ve already distinguished what such platforms provide their users with, thus, we shall review what parameters are critical to ensure proper functioning.
Here we are talking about functions that particular users expect to take advantage of:
- profiles to provide some personal details;
- boards (it could be named in another way) to give a workspace for each project;
- tasks to be completed;
- calendar to keep an eye on open tasks and their deadlines;
- time trackers to log in hours devoted to a particular task;
- smart notifications for users to be notified on deadlines, feedback, new tasks, etc.;
- support to assist when users face certain issues.
Speaking of users with higher access levels, they’ll appreciate the following features:
- users’ management tools to add/delete certain individuals, assign tasks to responsible personnel, etc.;
- payment managing instruments to handle subscriptions and other payments;
- archive access to manage archived files;
- support to help admins fix particular troubles.
Productivity services shall allow easy and simple integrations of third party programs. That shall better users’ interaction with time tracking applications, since such integrations serve to improve productivity instruments.
For reaching wider target demographics, an online solution shall be available in different languages. Some framework owners decide to start with one single option and add other languages steadily.
Users shall not worry about how reliable the Internet is, and they should have the possibility to do what they need even if the connection has been interrupted. Thus, the greatest time management resources function both online and offline.
All the mentioned-above features put together make productivity software decent and robust being able to foster your startup. Moreover, owners of such online systems can also make some extra money, so we shall explore those possibilities as well.
How to monetize your time tracking service
Let’s discover how those programs could be monetized:
- The combinations of free and paid options. You could think of freemium models and subscriptions, when you offer your audience basic cost-free features, while more advanced parameters require specific charges.
- Trial periods. The given approach is similar to the above-mentioned option, but there’s one exception – customers get a chance to enjoy all platform parameters without any charges during the trial period, which usually runs about 1-3 months. Then users will have to make a choice: if they still want to take advantage of an application, they’ll need to get subscribed, otherwise, they’ll have to leave that online resource.
- Advertising. It’s not the best approach for productivity frameworks, however, you could benefit from it as well. Advertising would perfectly get along with freemium tools, when, for example, users have a choice to pay extra in order to get rid of ads.
- In-application purchases. For instance, a system could offer a great selection of multiple backgrounds for a better board design, and some of the options might apply fees. You could come up with other ideas as well.
Time management and productivity solutions, when created and applied wisely, will definitely enable your project faster development and greater success. So, go ahead and use it!