According to the girl’s mother, she wanted to prevent other parents from going through what she did.

The best way to prepare yourself for an emergency is education.

After her daughter was repeatedly bitten by venomous snakes, one mom wanted to pass this message on to other families. This was not only the first time that the family was confronted with a snake bite but also the moment they discovered that the little girl was allergic.

Cyndi Spell from Valdosta (Ga.) spoke to Fox News about her 5-year old daughter Maisy’s recovery after being repeatedly bitten by a rattlesnake last Friday in her backyard. Although this would seem scary for parents, the family discovered that Maisy was allergic to snake poison when they arrived at the emergency department.

Spell explained that the allergy caused the girl to temporarily go into anaphylactic shock. Spell explained that the venom caused swelling in the leg of the young girl.

Spell described the current situation on Facebook over the next days. She said that it took 41 doses of antivenom to reduce the swelling. Spell shared her feelings about the recovery of her daughter with Fox News. Spell stated that she felt like everything was going downhill and Maisy bounced back just as fast.

Spell regrets not having approached snake education differently when she looked back on the situation. Her previous approach was similar to the way parents talk about snakes to their children. Spell wishes that she had taught her daughter about snake bites and how to treat them.

Spell wishes she could have taught her children more about Lucky, their cat. Spell claims that Lucky accidentally bitten Maisy after she saw Lucky’s cat. The cat was acting as if another dangerous animal was nearby, which was evident to the young girl.

Maisy seems to be doing well. She expressed regret at Lucky’s inability to escape snakes when she told her about the incident.

Spell said that she has learned that anti-venom can be very expensive over the past few days. Spell said that she is still waiting to find out what insurance covers her, and that one of her close friends created a GoFundMe account for Maisy.

The Mayo Clinic suggests calling 911 immediately if someone is bitten or bitten by a serpent. To slow down the spread of venom, it is recommended to remain calm and wash the wound with soap and water.