In 2018-2019, the French singers have once again shone in the international. The performance of Maître Gims, of offenbach accommodation, Charlotte Gainsbourg… have taken a new direction and brought in more than € 300 million in France. It is two times better than in 2012. And again, the real figure would be much larger if David Guetta was not so secretive about its revenue. “The number of artists certified to export has jumped from 26 to 37 in a year. As Aya Nakamura n°1 at the top in Holland which had not happened since Edith Piaf in 1961, more than half of these names were not there last year. It is extremely positive,” said Marc Thonon, director general, Bureau Export and honcho of the music “Made in France” at the international. If electro is still the most easy-to-export, rap with Nekfeu, AMI, MHD and Nishka is now recognized as the vector of the French language. The various charts of the Bureau Export reveal many surprises.
● List Live:
1. Carpenter Brut (electro) has by far been the most requested. The band played 77 gigs at the international and been shown at many film festivals iconic including Coachella in North America and Primavera Sound in Spain.
2. Ibeyi . The twin soul and R & B, arrive in second position with 48 concerts abroad including 9 dates in the United States in the first part of David Byrne.
3. CloZee . His world electro ethnic dance in the audience of 75 concerts in the international, of which 71 in North America. CloZee has also been programmed in legendary festivals such as Voodoo Experience and Bonnaroo in the United States.
4. The Blaze
24 concerts, of which ten in North America. and festivals such as Roskilde in Denmark, Coachella in California and leeds&Reading, uk
Nearly thirty concerts abroad, including 6 dates in Oceania and 5 in the United States.
6. Christine and the Queens
Christine and the Queen, who caracolait at the head of the rankings in previous years arrives this time in the middle of the list. Lack of tubes on his new album Chris, it has lost its title as the absolute star of the export.
7. Chinese Man
32 concerts, including 9 in north America and a date in Lebanon.
34 dates abroad for the little prince of the power as well in Europe, north America, Asia and Oceania.
9. Charlotte Gainsbourg
32 dates of concerts abroad, including two in Japan and four in the United States.
47 concerts abroad, including 6 in the United States and five festivals iconic such as Tropico Festival (Mexico), Rock am Ring (Germany), Sonar (Spain).
● Top Singles
1. Tez Cadey the tube Seve
2. Willy William & J Balvin , Mi gente
3. David Guetta , 2U (with Justin Bieber)
4. Imany , Don t be so shy
5. crackers , Sunset Lover
6. David Guetta , Flames , a duet with Sia
7. David Guetta , Like I do
8. offenbach accommodation , Katchi
9. David Guetta , Don t leave me alone
10. Jain , Come
● Top Albums
1. David Guetta, 7
2. Maître Gims, My heart has its reasons
3. Ex aequo: The Avener ( The wandering of the Avener ), Gregory Porter ( Nat King Col & me )
4. Melody Gardot ( Currency-of-a-man ) Jain ( Zanaka ) Imany ( The Wrong Kind of War )
5.Major lazer ( Know no better )
6. Nishka ( Commando ) , Caravan Palace, Carla Bruni ( French Touch )
7. Damso ( Ipseité ), FKJ ( Better Give U up ), crackers ( Presence ) , Carpenter Brut ( Trilogy ) , Nekfeu ( Fire ) , Christine and the Queens ( Chris )
8. Charlotte Gainsbourg ( Rest )
9. Louane ( Louane )
10. Calogero ( fireworks )